SVP helps nonprofits get stronger from the inside, out so you can deliver better results. We’ll select one new nonprofit for our Catapult program, garnering them an investment of capacity building consulting, with a supporting cash grant in 2017. Ideal applicants would like to improve internal strategies and systems while growing leadership skills. For the 2017 cycle, Letters of Inquiry (LOI) are due by January 13, 2017, at 4:00pm.
Organizations interested in submitting a Catapult LOI should read our full 2017 Request for Proposals and attend a Nonprofit Investment Information Session on one of these three dates:
- December 7, 2016 at 9am (Register Here)
- December 13, 2016 at 1pm (Register Here)
- January 5, 2017 at 3pm (Register Here)
SVP Boulder County no longer uses focus areas and will accept Letters of Inquiry from organizations serving an array of pressing needs. (SVP primarily uses The Community Foundation’s “Trends Report” to identify pressing needs.)
SVP has historically found the most success in conducting capacity building with organizations that demonstrate a number of key characteristics. Therefore, we will give strong preference to nonprofits serve pressing needs in Boulder County that have the following features:
- Nonprofit organization – 501(c)(3) status or fiscally sponsored
- At least 50% of services must be provided in Boulder County
- Budget at $200,000 or more
- A paid staff of three or more
- A board of six or more members
- In a growth, mature, or turnaround stage (no start-ups)
- Applicant attends one of SVP’s Information Sessions
- Applicant is in need of and committed to incorporating SVP volunteer support to build and strengthen their organization’s internal capacity
- Applicant is committed to using outcomes measurement/evaluation
- Applicants has strong and passionate leadership, demonstrating qualities of social entrepreneurship
Once chosen for investment, a nonprofit may receive pro bono consulting support that is worth an average of $150,000 to $300,000 over a period of three years. We seek to support organizations that will benefit from a long-term relationship with SVP Boulder County, including hands-on involvement by individual partners, who have a range of talents and skills to offer nonprofit organizations.
Please contact Jennie Arbogash at 303-840-0165 if you have questions about your organization’s qualifications for Catapult investment.