Using community input on the nonprofit governance topics most needed, we announced our BOARDS WITH BRAINS roster for 2016 last month. In addition to a variety of nonprofit leadership topics, this year we’ve got ‘tracks’ and levels to help attendees identify which sessions suit attendees best.
Want a print-able version of this roster to post or share at your next Board meeting? Get it here. Want invites delivered directly to your inbox each month? Sign up using the Connect with SVP widget on the left side of this page.
BOARDS WITH BRAINS sessions are open to everyone, whether or not you have an SVP affiliation; if you find the topic relevant, you’re welcome to attend. Designed for nonprofit Board and staff leaders, and we invite you to join in teams to help build alignment around leadership best practices within your organization. Topics in our 2016 roster of classes appear below (click on title to register):
- “Fundraising 101 for Board & Staff Who Love Them” (Fundraising 101) with Ann Goldman, on Friday, February 5 2016 @ 8:30-10:30am
- “Bottom-Line Boards” (Governance 101) with Caryn Capriccioso, on Thursday February 25 2016 @ 8:30-10:30am
- “Beyond Checking the Box” (Diversity 101) with Johanna Maes, on Thursday March 10 2016 @ 5:00-7:00pm
- “Reading Financial Statements” (Fiscal health 201) with Dave Gross, on Thursday April 21 2016 @ 11:30-1:30pm
- “You Joined the Board! Wait…What Does that Mean?” (Governance 101) with Kate Kalstein, on Friday May 20 2016 @ 11:30-1:30pm
- “Collaboration not Competition” (Alliances 101) with Leslie Durgan, on Friday June 17 2016 @ 8:30-10:30am
- “Face2Face: How to Ask for the Big Gift” (Fundraising 201) with Leslie Allen & Ann Goldman, on Friday August 12 2016 @ 8:30-10:30am
- “Structured for Success” (Leadership 201) with Amy Maranowicz, on Friday September 30 2016 @ 11:30-1:30pm
- “Fail Better: Risk & Innovation in Nonprofits” (Leadership 201) with Kara Penn, on Friday October 14 2016 @ 11:30-1:30pm
- “Developing Your Fundraising Pitch” (Fundraising 201) with Leslie Allen & Ann Goldman, on Thursday November 10 2016 @ 8:30-10:30am
Our per-session fee is a below-market $40. Individuals or organizations can purchase a transferable, 8-punch pass (giving you a $10 discount on each ticket), and, each session also includes a limited number of scholarship slots. We hope you’ll join us!