Local nonprofits regularly ask SVP Boulder County to provide consulting on projects outside of our multi-year investments in the Catapult program; and as our programming expanded, we also heard some confusion over what each program provides. To address these needs, we’re excited to announce the launch of SVP Resource Teams! These teams of SVP Partners will tackle short-term projects tailored to your specific needs.
Each SVP Resource Team offers consulting support or services within a specific capacity (see below). Nonprofits desiring short-term assistance will complete a simple submission form explaining the current challenge and pay a low, sliding-scale fee. SVP will select projects that fit within our team’s capacity. This service is available to any Boulder County nonprofit. Full Resource Team details and submission forms will be available in October.
To streamline nonprofits’ SVP experience, we’re transitioning the Execs Evolve, Pivot Points and Boards with Brains programs into the Resource Team format. While we’ll no longer offer Boards with Brains as community workshops, nonprofits desiring governance education for their board members can apply to the Board Governance Resource Team.
Sample Resource Team Consulting Projects
- Board governance – train full Boards of Directors on Board roles and responsibilities.
- Board governance – assist Boards of Directors in developing a new recruitment and on-boarding process with supporting materials.
- Change management – work with Board and staff to align on how to implement major organizational shifts.
- Coaching and mentoring – one-on-one coaching for a nonprofit to reach goals.
- Organizational assessment – assist in “taking the temperature” of nonprofit organizations, and ensuring alignment on priorities before embarking on change, such as going into a strategic planning process.
*We’ll be adding more Resource Team capacity areas – VOTE for your preferred teams today!
For more info, contact Spencer Downing.